- 2016-18: Writing at Co-op Digital, mostly the Digital group’s newsletters, and you can sign up for the email.
- 2016-17: Product/project management of software build for global charity, with Storythings.
- 2016: Introducing agile approaches (iterate, adapt) to Storythings and their client projects. 2015: Business model design and early product management for Primed.is, a job matching website from Team Prime.
- 2015: London Tube Map with Walklines now in London Transport Museum.
- 2015: Spreadsheets are dreams, a piece on design/craft for Hand & Brain alongside contributions from William Gibson and others.
- 2015: Corp structure planning for startup media design consultancy.
Before Holdfast, Rod was:
2004-2014: founder/director of Mobbu
Mobbu makes mobile security and communications software for businesses, UK police forces, Ministry of Defence.
- PassWear, a two factor/password replacement security product for mobile apps using Pebble/Android Gear/Apple Watch smartwatches.
- Field Ops, a real-time situational awareness product on BlackBerry, iOS and Android for UK gov surveillance/security. Annual recurring revenue of ~GBP1m between 2007-14 and helped achieve multiple convictions.
- Ran Mobbu finance at ~GBP1.5m annual revenue and 30-40% NP. Business modelling, finance, strategy, commercial management and contracts, procurement, due diligence. Designed SAAS and hybrid SAAS/consulting business models.
2001-2003: Product Manager at Eckoh plc
Designed and product managed a speech recognition service, the early product seed of an AIM-listed customer communications business now at 22m annual revenue.
1998-2001: Head of Design at 365 Corp plc
Ran design/UX, Front-end development and delivery teams for Football365 and other content websites. 365 LSE-listed in 1999, and the sports division has been owned by Sky since 2006.